Andy Drury helps fire Crawley Town into FA Cup third round
ANDY Drury scores his fourth goal of his loan spell with Crawley Town as they cruised into the third round of the FA Cup.
The Ipswich Town midfielder helped Crawley to a handsome 5-0 victory over non-league Redbridge to book their place in this afternoon’s draw.
And Drury will not be the only Town loan player with interest in the draw after Ronan Murray came off the bench to help Swindon pull off a shock 1-0 win over Colchester.
The striker was brought on after just 26 minutes and manager Paolo Di Canio said: “Ronan (Murray) came on, covered his position and did his job well.”
As it stands, Drury will return to Ipswich before the third round matches but Murray should be able to play for Swindon with his loan spell ending in the middle of January.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday night, Tamas Priskin made his third start for Derby County in their 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn