Anthony Wordsworth in talks with Ipswich Town
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Blax Images
COLCHESTER UNITED midfielder Anthony Wordsworth is poised to join Ipswich Town but has yet to undergo a medical with the Blues.
We understand the 24-year-old is on the verge of leaving the struggling League One team, and is currently in advanced talks with the Blues.
Wordsworth, out-of-contract in the summer, has played over 150 times for the U’s and has also been a target Charlton Athletic. However, Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy looks to have won the race for his signature.
Should he sign, he is likely to be joined by Richard Stearman, who has agreed a loan move from Wolverhampton Wanderers until the end of the season.
Town are at home to Middlesbrough, in the Championship, on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, defender Patrick Kisnorbo has extended his loan with Town until the end of the season.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week