Appleton looking forward to Bradley Orr return
- Credit: Archant
BLACKBURN Rovers boss Michael Appleton revealed he is delighted to be welcoming back Ipswich Town loanee Bradley Orr to Ewood Park, after Saturday’s round of fixtures.
Orr, who has featured 12 times for the Blues during his temporary stint at Portman Road, is set to return to Lancashire after Ipswich’s game against his former club, Bristol City, at the weekend.
The full-back had looked set to remain at Ipswich for the rest of the season, after an agreement was made between the two clubs, but Rovers have now reneged on the deal.
“One-hundred per cent he’ll be back here after Saturday’s game to be a Blackburn player,” said Appleton, whose first game in charge of his new club ended in a 2-1 defeat at home to Charlton.
“He is someone I have tried to sign a couple of times, he’s got a vast experience of the championship.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s very vocal, he’s a good character, a good personality and he is someone who I’d rather have in my side than up against me.
“For me it is almost like a new signing, he’s a lad that has got lots and lots of games in the championship and someone that is going to be vital for us between now and the end of the season.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp