‘Better performance, same old errors’ says frustrated Jewell after 3-2 Nottingham Forest defeat
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell admits Nottingham Forest’s stoppage-time winner was a ‘sickener’ following an improved display from his side.
The Blues led twice in the game thanks to a brace of Danny Collins headers.
Forest twice equalised through Robbie Findley and Joel Lynch though, before Marcus Tudgay netted in the 91st minute.
“It’s a bit of a sickener,” said Jewell. “I thought it was a good game with plenty of effort and endeavour.
“At the vital times in games, when we come under a bit of pressure, we concede goals though.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s individual errors again. The first goal is definitely a goalkeeper error (David Stockdale failing to collect a deep free-kick) and that’s right on half-time at a vital time in the game.
“The second one is someone not marking their man, although it was a good ball in.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
“Then, for the third, it’s deflected off Grant (Leadbitter’s) head and fallen right for their player. Once again it’s a big disappointment for us.”
He continued: “It’s always frustrating, but I thought we came here and played quite well.
“It was a game between two evenly matched sides I thought. It’s not an easy place to come Nottingham Forest but I thought we matched them all over the place.
“It doesn’t matter which way you dress it up though, we concede goals. It’s not just the goalkeeper and the back four, it’s a whole team thing.”
– See Monday’s EADT and Evening Star for analysis and more reaction.