BETTING: Barnsley favourites to beat Ipswich Town
Barnsley v Ipswich: Barnsley produced last weekend’s best result when winning 5-0 at Birmingham – a result that sees Stan James installing the Tykes as their 6/4 favourites, with Town a shade bigger at 9/5 with bet365.
Judged on past league head-to-heads between the pair, those away win odds look decent value as Ipswich lead 20-11 since their first clash in 1957, increasing their dominance last season when recording a double over the men from Yorkshire.
Indeed, the clash at Oakwell back in December was a colourful affair as Town emerged 5-3 winners, and though there may not be as many goals this time around, the fact the pair have not experienced a goalless stalemate in 10 meetings suggests away fans will get action.
It’s a fact worth bearing in mind, as William Hill go 4/6 for the game’s opener to arrive during the first 30 minutes, though an early goal in the first 10 minutes is a 7/2 chance with Paddy Power.
The same firm also go 12/1 for Ipswich ‘winning from behind’ – just in case Barnsley score the opener like they did here nine months ago.
You may also want to watch:
Skybet wave 11/10 for Ipswich scoring the final goal of the game, Jason Scotland netted in that game last December and is 2/1 with Stan James to score once more.
Elsewhere, a glance at the Tykes’ three home games this term reveals that each saw only a maximum of two goals, adding appeal to Stan James’ 11/10 for 2.5 goals or less at full-time, while Skybet post 3/1 for the away side keeping their second clean sheet of the season.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Meanwhile, correct-score backers can get a standout 10/1 with Ladbrokes for Jewell’s men nicking a 1-0 victory, though less accurate folk can take BetVictor’s 18/5 for them to triumph by a one-goal margin of victory.
Those making the long trip from Suffolk, will of course, be happy to return back down the motorway with a point at bet365’s 12/5, where a 1-1 outcome could pay for the petrol at BetVictor’s 6/1.