Ipswich Town’s Bartosz Bialkowski denies he almost joined Burnley
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town star Bartosz Bialkowski has taken to Twitter to rubbish reports that he almost left the club in the summer.
The star stopper was widely quoted yesterday in an interview reportedly given to Polish broadcaster TVP Sport, in which he said he almost joined Burnley but the clubs could not agree terms.
But in a tweet after a Town fan had remarked on the story, Bialkowski said: “Just to make it clear, I have never had any contact with Burnley so no idea where that come from.”
Speaking exclusively to the EADT and Star before the season, the 6ft 4ins keeper admitted there had been interest in his signature over the summer.
He told us: ““There is some speculation, there is some interest, but there are no firm offers.
“It’s hard for me to talk about it because I’m not sure how I’m going to react to that if someone comes in and offers silly money to Ipswich. Only then could we start to talk about it.
You may also want to watch:
“You get calls all the time from other agents saying ‘I can get you that and I can get you this’. I’ve been in this situation before when I was younger and all the papers were talking about me and about top clubs.
“I learnt my lesson. I’m grounded. I’ve still got a contract at Ipswich (2018, with option until 2019). If anything happens then Ipswich have got to say ‘yes, we want to sell Bart’ and then we will see.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
“You just never know what’s around the corner. Everyone wants to play at the highest level possible. I’m the same, but I’m not forcing anything. I’m not in the gaffer’s office every week saying ‘I want to go, I want to leave’ because it’s not like that.”