Bids in for three players, reveals Jewell
IPSWICH Town boss Paul Jewell has revealed that he has made bids for three players.
The Blues let a two-goal lead slip at home to Blackpool this afternoon to draw 2-2, meaning they have now dropped 15 points from a winning position this season.
And with Town having now taken just eight points from a possible 42, Jewell is keen to strengthen his squad before the January transfer window closes.
So far he has only been able to bring in keeper Alex McCarthy in on loan from Reading this month, with a move for Leicester defender Sean St Ledger having fallen through for now.
Speaking to the club website, he said: “We have been in contact with two clubs today and offers have been made for three players.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s early stages and we will see how things develop. It’s a case of waiting for a response but obviously we are looking to strengthen the squad.
“We have got a few injuries but hopefully we will have some additions to the squad before the Leeds game next weekend. As I said, though, we will have to wait and see.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse