Blues fans’ criticism doesn’t relent following victory
IPSWICH Town supporters still remain worried about the direction the club is heading in.
The Blues finally ended a run of seven straight Championship defeats with an incredible 5-3 comeback win at Barnsley on Saturday.
Yet, during a live Evening Star webchat which involved 700 readers yesterday lunchtime, the tone remained very much downbeat.
Just five per cent of fans polled said that the televised win had turned their opinion from negative to positive regarding Blues boss Paul Jewell.
A reasonable 37% said they have always been behind the Liverpudlian, but the majority – 58% – said they still didn’t think he was the man to take them forward.
You may also want to watch:
And although 44% believe the Blues will beat Jewell’s former club Derby County on Saturday to climb further away from the relegation zone, most think it will be a draw or defeat (56%).
Amongst a smattering of praise for Town’s spirited second half display, Blues fans mainly focused on voicing their concerns.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
Supporters are worried that loan duo Danny Collins and Keith Andrews are set to return to Premier League parent clubs Stoke City and Blackburn Rovers over the coming weeks.
They also highlighted the fact that Ipswich still have the leakiest defence in the entire Football League, while there are a number of players coming towards the end of their contracts.
Owner Marcus Evans came under fire for his continued anonymity, while chief executive Simon Clegg also came in for criticism for a ‘lack of football experience’ just days after away fans unfurled a ‘Clegg Out’ banner at Oakwell.
– To read the webchat in full, go to: http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/live-webchat