Blues set to seal Volz deal
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton's quest to strengthen his squad could bear fruit today with the loan signing of defender Moritz Volz from Premier League side Fulham.
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton's quest to strengthen his squad could bear fruit today with the loan signing of defender Moritz Voltz from Premier League side Fulham.
The 25-year-old German looks as though he might join the Blues for a year, but will not be registered in time to feature in tonight's Carling Cup second round game against League One neighbours Colchester United at Portman Road (kick-off 7.45pm).
Magilton has until midnight next Monday to bring in some fresh faces before the transfer window closes, and he is still actively chasing a striker.
You may also want to watch:
This is his main priority, but the arrival of Voltz, who began his English career with Arsenal, will give him more defensive options. Fulham originally accepted a £250,000 bid from Magilton, but the player was reluctant to complete a full signing being keen to keep his options open about playing in the top flight.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover