Blues trio ruled out
LEE Bowyer, Ibrahima Sonko and Damien Delaney have all been ruled out of Saturday’s Championship visit of Doncaster.
Sonko and Bowyer both limped off in the first half of last weekend’s 4-1 defeat at Millwall with hamstring injuries, with manager Paul Jewell today confirming that neither will be fit for the weekend.
Bowyer is also carrying a back problem, while Sonko is suffering from tonsillitis.
Delaney had to come off during the 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace the previous week, with a scan having revealed that he has suffered a stress fracture in his foot.
Five-goal midfielder Keith Andrews reported a tight groin at the start of the week but has returned to training and will almost certainly be passed fit.
Meanwhile, late fitness tests will be given to strike duo Daryl Murphy and Nathan Ellington.
Murphy came off after 18 minutes during Tuesday afternoon’s 2-1 reserve team defeat to Arsenal after feeling his hamstring tighten up – an injury he first sustained in the warm-up at West Ham.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 9 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
Ellington pulled his calf warming-up at half-time at The New Den last weekend.
Jewell will have left-back Aaron Cresswell available again following a one-match suspension.
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star for all the latest Blues news.