Middlesbrough v Ipswich Town betting: Despite troubles, punters backing ‘Boro
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Punters are tipping ailing Middlesbrough to start their recovery by beating Ipswich Town this afternoon at the Riverside Stadium (3pm).
‘Boro are in the midst of a bad patch, having lost three of their four games despite assembling a squad worth north of £90m which was widely tipped to walk the league.
The fans and local press have duly been sticking it to Garry Monk’s men, who currently sit ninth in the Championship table.
But those laying bets on the game are still siding with ‘Boro. According to Oddschecker, 53% of bets placed on the match have been for a home win at odds of 8/11.
Around 33% of punters are backing Town to continue their good run and make it three wins on the bounce, while 14% are going for a draw.
You may also want to watch:
£15m striker Britt Assombalonga is the favourite to score first at around 3/1, while you can get the man whom you could buy 60 of for the same fee, Town’s £250k 10-goal star Martyn Waghorn, at 9/1.
For those looking for value, Jordan Spence – who’s netted thrice for the Blues this season - is available at around 50/1.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
The bookies fancy 1-0 ‘Boro as the final score, at odds of around 5/1, with a 1-1 draw at 6/1. Indeed, 2-0, 2-1 and 3-0 wins for ‘Boro are all shorter odds than a 1-0 win for Town, at 14/1.