Bowyer back in contention but Sonko remains a doubt
LEE Bowyer is back in Blues boss Paul Jewell’s thoughts after returning to training following back and hamstring injuries.
The midfielder has been joined by injury victim Nathan Ellington and both could return to the squad for Saturday’s tricky visit to Nottingham Forest.
With Jewell looking to stem a winless run now stretching to three games, he will hope to have a clean bill of health from players currently on international duty.
But it already seems likely he will have to do without Ibrahima Sonko and Daryl Murphy as well as Damien Delaney – currently leaving Ivar Ingimarsson and Danny Collins as certain starters in the heart of the defence.
Speaking this morning, Jewell confirmed: “Sonks has obviously had his injury problems and though he has started to run, I don’t know if he will be in contention for Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Daryl Murphy was with the physio yesterday and with the fitness coach this morning and is probably not too far away.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash