BREAKING NEWS: Elliott Hewitt has medical at Ipswich Town
WELSH Under-21 international Elliott Hewitt has undergone a medical at Ipswich Town as he closes in on his move to Portman Road.
The Macclesfield Town teenager, who turns 18 tomorrow, had a medical in Suffolk last night and is reported to be discussing terms with Blues boss Paul Jewell this morning.
While both clubs remain tight-lipped over the size of the fee, we understand it could be as little as �150,000, rising to �500,000 depending on numerous clauses being activated.
If so, this could be something of a snip for Ipswich with sources close to Macclesfield saying they expected to get somewhere in the region of �1 million in total for the 17-year-old,
Hewitt is expected to put pen to paper later today or tomorrow, depending on the negotiations, and would become Town’s first signing of the summer.
You may also want to watch:
- Keep checking this website for all the breaking news on this transfer
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave