BREAKING NEWS: Elliott Hewitt set to sign for Ipswich Town within 24 hours
YOUNG Welsh international right-back Elliott Hewitt should become Paul Jewell’s first signing of the summer as early as tomorrow.
We understand an undisclosed fee has been agreed for the 17-year-old Macclesfield defender and he is set to arrive in Suffolk to undergo a medical.
Subject to him passing that with no problems, he will be unveiled as an Ipswich Town player, possibly tomorrow.
After missing out on Joel Ward – with the Portsmouth man set to complete his switch to Crystal Palace later today – Jewell has turned his attentions to the Welsh Under-21 international who made 19 appearances for the Silkmen last season.
With Town relegated from League Two, Hewitt, who was linked with Premier League sides earlier in the season, was always likely to move on and it seems like a switch to Portman Road could be on the cards sooner rather than later.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as Town are again linked with a move for 27-year-old Dundee United midfielder Scott Robertson, although we understand any deal is not as far along as reports in Scotland have suggested.
- For more on this story, and words of praise for the young Town target, see tomorrow’s Ipswich Star and EADT
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies