BREAKING NEWS: Elliott Hewitt set to sign for Ipswich Town within 24 hours
YOUNG Welsh international right-back Elliott Hewitt should become Paul Jewell’s first signing of the summer as early as tomorrow.
We understand an undisclosed fee has been agreed for the 17-year-old Macclesfield defender and he is set to arrive in Suffolk to undergo a medical.
Subject to him passing that with no problems, he will be unveiled as an Ipswich Town player, possibly tomorrow.
After missing out on Joel Ward – with the Portsmouth man set to complete his switch to Crystal Palace later today – Jewell has turned his attentions to the Welsh Under-21 international who made 19 appearances for the Silkmen last season.
With Town relegated from League Two, Hewitt, who was linked with Premier League sides earlier in the season, was always likely to move on and it seems like a switch to Portman Road could be on the cards sooner rather than later.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as Town are again linked with a move for 27-year-old Dundee United midfielder Scott Robertson, although we understand any deal is not as far along as reports in Scotland have suggested.
- For more on this story, and words of praise for the young Town target, see tomorrow’s Ipswich Star and EADT
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards