BREAKING NEWS: Watford keeper Scott Loach set to sign for Ipswich Town
IPSWICH Town remain in pole position for goalkeeper Scott Loach – and the self-confessed Blues fan could sign as early as today.
With a fee agreed between Ipswich and Loach’s club Watford, and Paul Jewell confident of getting his man, reports surfaced today that Blackburn Rovers could table a late bid.
But we understand Loach has his heart set on joining Ipswich, where he was once part of the academy, and that he is not interested in any rival offer.
The keeper tweeted earlier: “Things will be clear within the next few hours. Then I can reveal all.”
Jewell, who refused to name his goalkeeping target last night, initially said he hoped the new man might be available for tomorrow night’s match against Den Bosch – the second of Town’s two matches during their pre-season tour of the Netherlands.
You may also want to watch:
But with a medical expected to be completed today, it seems more likely that Loach will make his Town debut at Cambridge United next Wednesday.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery