Brighter news over Bowyer and Ingimarsson injuries
LEE Bowyer is expected to return to the Ipswich Town squad for next week’s trip to Blackpool.
The combative midfielder has missed the Blues last two matches with a hamstring strain but manager Paul Jewell has confirmed he hopes to have Bowyer available for selection.
And the good news continued with Ivar Ingimarsson set to return to training next week and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas also expected to recover from the ankle injury sustained in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Leeds United.
But Jewell also revealed that new signing Ibrahima Sonko suffered a tight back and hamstring followed the weekend win – the big defender’s first competitive match in seven months.
The Town boss said: “Asking him to play in a high-intensity game was a terrific effort considering he had only been training with Reading and played one reserve match for us.
You may also want to watch:
“He was like the Tin Man in the last 15 minutes – he got through on sheer guts alone. Hopefully we can settle him down this week.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 8 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
- 9 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan