Bullard banned by Hull
JIMMY Bullard’s chances of remaining at Hull City are looking increasingly remote after he was given a two-week suspension by the club.
Reports in Hull say the midfielder has been suspended for a breach of club discipline.
It was initially claimed that he was given the ban after arriving late for training following a night out in London, but local reports now say it was following an incident during City’s six-day training camp in Slovenia last week.
Bullard trained with the first team squad on Friday but has since been ordered to stay away from training for two weeks, reports the Hull Daily Mail.
The news will increase speculation that Bullard will leave the Tigers, but it all depends on whether any potential suitor will match his large salary.
You may also want to watch:
QPR remain favourites to secure his signature but Ipswich Town boss Paul Jewell will surely be monitoring the fresh developments.
Having missed last night’s 2-1 at Winterton Rangers, Bullard is unlikely to be considered for selection for any of the Hull’s three remaining friendlies or indeed the start of the season on August 6.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
When asked about Bullard’s absence and suspension following the Rangers match, Pearson said: “I’ve got no comment to make on that.”
Hull are to due to face Ipswich at Portman Road on the second Saturday of the season.