Bullard deal “could be done”
PAUL Jewell confirmed at this lunchtime’s Portman Road press conference that he hoped a “deal could be done” to sign Jimmy Bullard on a permanent basis this summer.
Hull City loanee Bullard scored both goals in a 2-0 win at promotion-chasing Cardiff City on Saturday.
The 32-year-old still has two years left on his contract at the KC Stadium, and is on big wages, but a permanent move to Portman Road is not just a fantasy.
“When Jimmy first came here, it was obviously going to be only a short-term loan,” explained Jewell.
“It was to give him a few games to see if he liked it here, though I knew what he could do.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he’s brought a fresh air to the place, the players like him and sometimes I like him!
“It’s one of these things where if it could be done, we’d certainly like to, but whether we can with the financial restraints being so high is another matter.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
“But there is a possibility and I know the owner (Marcus Evans) is an ambitious as I am. But it’s only a possibility,” added Jewell.