Bullard - I want to play for Ipswich Town five days a week!
JIMMY Bullard can’t wait to get on to the Portman Road pitch for Ipswich Town in tonight’s npower Championship game against in-form Reading (kick-off 7.45pm).
The bubbly loanee scored two fine goals against Cardiff City on Saturday, and he has now his sights on lowering the colours of the currently majestic Royals.
“I would like to be playing five games a week right now,” said Bullard.
“When you are enjoying playing it does bring the best out of you.
“We believe we can win ever game and it will be the same tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“On Saturday we needed the points to stop us slipping down the table after previously playing well for three games but not getting much reward.
“The gaffer keeps drumming it into us that we have plenty to play for this season, and we know that we have.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
Bullard, who had not played much football for some while before joining Ipswich from Hull in January for a season-long loan, is revelling in life right now and he had members of his family in the corner of the ground on Saturday where Town fans made their presence known.
“It was a great win at Cardiff,” added Bullard. “And against a side that had not lost at home in the league since November.”
Jewell has confirmed his keenness to keep the 32-year-old beyond the summer, saying: “I knew what he can do and it was a case of whether he would like it here.
“If a longer deal can be done I would like that although we know the financial restraints are high.
“Our owner is as ambitious as I am and if it’s possibly we will look at it. What I don’t want is a Jimmy Bullard Saga.
“The players love Jimmy, the fans love Jimmy, and I like him - sometimes!”