Bullard tipped to be Town Player of the Year
JIMMY Bullard is being tipped to be the Ipswich Town player of the year. And that would please manager Paul Jewell.
The 32-year-old midfielder has only been at Portman Road since February having arrived on loan from Hull City until the end of the season.
Town supporters can vote on line now and at tomorrow’s game - with the presentation being made at the Ipswich Supporters’ Club end-of-season event at Greshams Sports Club tomorrow night when manager Paul Jewell and his playing staff have been invited.
Jewell holds Bullard up as the type of player he wants to have in his squad, and he said: “If Jimmy is voted player of the year it would show what the fans think of him.
“He has really helped us.
You may also want to watch:
“He may be 32 but he plays with the same enthusiasm as an 18-year old and he must be in the running for the award.
“Jimmy loves his football and I want people like that and would like to agree a deal to have him here next season.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
“He has a huge contract at Hull, and realistically the ball is in their court.
“We have done well to have him this season and I know he loves it here.”
Bullard, who has already been linked with a move to Premier League–bound Queens Park Rangers in the summer, makes no secret of his delight at being with Ipswich.
And he hailed the decision to re-join his former Wigan manager Jewell at Ipswich as the best decision he has made in his career.
“You are never sure about things when you join a new club but it felt right from the start,” said Bullard.
“I have never been on loan before, even at 32, but coming here has been the best thing I have done in my whole career.
“I have scored some goals, helped win a few games, made some new mates and played for a great football club, and this is a great football club.
“The fans have been brilliant to me as well.
“I’m not sure where I will be next year, but put it this way though, I wouldn’t be disappointed if it was here.”
Tomorrow’s likely squads
Ipswich Town: Murphy, Lee-Barrett, Fulop, Edwards, Brown, Delaney, Kennedy, Carson, Leadbitter, Norris, Healy, Drury, Scotland, Peters, Civelli, Murray, Hyam, O’Connor, Whight, Eastman, Bullard, Wickham.
Preston North End: Turner, Morgan, Barton, Carter, Nicholson, Ashbee, Treacy, Brown, Ellington, Hayes, Hume, Russell, Wright, Lonergan, Devine, Proctor, Johnson, Leather.
Referee: Mr K Wright (Cambridgeshire)
Ipswich Town home league record against Preston
P12 W6 D2 L4 F20 A16