Bumper attendance expected at Ipswich for visit of Palace
IPSWICH Town’s home Championship game with Crystal Palace on Saturday will be watched by Blues fans from all over the world.
And a bumper attendance figure in the region of 23,000 is on the cards with a Silver Club promotion. This also worked well for the Portsmouth game on February 26 when 23,345 watched the match.
There is also a schools promotion, and it is ‘Supporters Club Day’ after a successful baptism for the event last season, with members of Ipswich Supporters Club branches from around the globe making their way to Suffolk.
They will meet with Town chief executive Simon Clegg before the game and some will be introduced on the pitch before a special evening of entertainment.
Footballing links between Suffolk and Holland have been great for many years and this will be evident again on Saturday when members of Dutch club RCSV Zestienhoven will be at Portman Road to watch the Palace game.
You may also want to watch:
They will be joined by players and officials from Woodbridge Town to make their party over 100 strong.
Based in Rotterdam, Zestienhoven are the guests of Woodbridge Town for the weekend with the two clubs meeting at Under-8 and Under-12 levels.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
This follows a successful visit to Suffolk in May 2009 and a return trip to Holland for Woodbridge Town’s Under11’s and Under-13’s last June.
Woodbridge’s current Under-11’s and Under-13’s are travelling to Rotterdam in June.