Burley wants to take Garvan
IPSWICH Town have turned down a �100,000 bid from former manager George Burley to take midfielder Owen Garvan to Crystal Palace.
Garvan was one of the eight players circulated by Ipswich as being available for transfer - although the Blues are believed to be seeking around �500,000 for the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international.
Burley said: “We’re short of players at Palace and I have several irons in the fire to increase our squad as soon as possible.
“Owen Garvan is a now loan possibility with an initial down payment with more to come later. I’m hopeful I can sign him.
“He hasn’t been getting a game and I would like to take him.
“He’s a good passer of a ball and someone who I feel who can do well for me. He’s my type of player.
Garvan turned down a loan move to Colchester United last season and the 22-year-old has made 174 Town appearances.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 7 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 8 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 9 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment