Matchday Recap: Fraser misses from spot in Town loss
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town began their away campaign with a 2-1 loss at Burton Albion this afternoon.
A Tom O’Connor own goal brought Town level after Joe Powell’s opener, with both goals coming two minutes apart during a frantic first half, in which Town were second best to a Brewers side who gave them little time to breath.
But, after Louie Barry hit the deck in the second half, Town had a golden opportunity to put themselves in front, only for Scott Fraser to miss from the spot against his former club.
Town, having been second best for long spells of this game, got on top as time went on in the second period, only for Matt Penney to run across Powell’s heels, allowing Lucas Akins to slot the winner home from the penalty spot with less than five minutes remaining.
Paul Cook’s side had no response from there, as they fell to defeat.
Next up is a trip to Cheltenham Town on Tuesday night.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 8 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
- 9 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan