‘We are a better club’ – Norwich City’s Nelson Oliveira says Canaries are better than Ipswich Town ahead of derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira last night kicked off derby week with a shot at Ipswich Town – insisting the Canaries are a ‘better club’ than the Blues, and have ‘better players.’
In a quote which is sure to be pinned up on Town’s dressing room wall this week, Oliveira insisted that Norwich are heading to Portman Road next Sunday believing they are better than Ipswich and can win the game.
The Portuguese striker’s injury-time intervention salvaged a point against 10-man Hull at Carrow Road on Saturday, extending City’s unbeaten run to eight games.
He said: “I know it’s an important match for us and for the fans because it’s a derby, and we go there to win the game because we are better than them, we have better players than them, we are a better club than them, so we go there for the win.
“I’ve played in a few derbies in Portugal. To be fair in every country I have been I’ve played in derbies. Even at Nottingham Forest I played against Derby, and that’s a massive derby as well.
“I think personally they are the games I prefer to play. I prefer to play in tough games over easy games because in easy games even if you don’t want it, your motivation is good – just not as good as if it’s a derby or a massive game.
“It’s the passion – and I enjoy playing in them.”
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 6 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 7 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
What do you think? Comment below!