Ipswich Town v Norwich City: Luke Chambers says Nelson Oliveira is ‘not very well educated’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town skipper Luke Chambers has hit back at Nelson Oliveira’s claim that Norwich City are a ‘better club’ with ‘better players’ by calling the City striker ‘not very well educated’.
Chambers, who will lead Town into battle with their bitter rivals on Sunday at Portman Road looking for a first Blues victory in the fixture since 2009, rubbished Oliveira’s claims this afternoon.
The Canaries striker said on Sunday: “I know it’s an important match for us and for the fans because it’s a derby, and we go there to win the game because we are better than them, we have better players than them, we are a better club than them, so we go there for the win.”
But responding to his comments this afternoon, Chambers said: “The type of person who said it, you can’t really take too much that comes out of their mouth (seriously).
“They’re obviously not very well educated on the fact that I think there’s three stars above the Ipswich crest on our shirt.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something that adds a little bit extra, but knowing the guy and playing against him numerous times, he’s always got a lot to say for himself.
“We’ll look forward to it on Sunday.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial