Captaincy could be on game-by-game basis
JIM Magilton is considering naming a club captain and a skipper for individual games.Town are looking for someone to wear the arm band now that Jason de Vos, who took over from Magilton, has retired.
JIM Magilton is considering naming a club captain and a skipper for individual games.
Town are looking for someone to wear the arm band now that Jason de Vos, who took over from Magilton, has retired.
Magilton said: “One option is to name a club skipper and have a figurehead and then name as skipper from game to game or month to month It is something we are considering.”
You may also want to watch:
The club's longest serving player Richard Naylor recovering from a neck injury would be the obvious choice while Town fans have suggested Owen Garvan, Alex Bruce or David Norris would be popular skippers.
Magilton said: “We have one or two candidates within the club. We will weigh that up and it maybe a case of recruiting one.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 6 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 10 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
“What we have to do is know what is going to get all these guys together. We may well have someone in the drssing room now who fits the bill, maybe not and we have to bring the right one in.
“What we really need is for everyone to be a leader and all take responsibility.
“We are getting close to where want to be in terms of attitude, work ethic and the team spirit within the club.
“Jason did a lot to establish that.”