Carlos Edwards fit for Ipswich Town’s trip to Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough v Ipswich: Blues skipper Carlos Edwards is expected to return to the Town team for Saturday’s visit to Middlesbrough.
Edwards was ruled out of Ipswich’s last match against Huddersfield with a groin injury.
But the veteran defender has benefited from the international break and he should return in place for Jack Ainsley.
Following his World Cup qualifying double-header with New Zealand, Tommy Smith is due back at Town’s training ground this lunch-time and will train with the first-team tomorrow morning before they leave for Teesside.
Manager Paul Jewell said: “It is not an ideal situation but Tommy has done this before (last season) so he is used to it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Blues boss also confirmed that new loan signing Guirane N’Daw, an unused substitute against the Terriers, was in contention after impressing in training over the last fortnight.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward