Carlos Edwards will be my captain says Paul Jewell
TOWN manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that Carlos Edwards will once again lead the team next season.
While some fans wondered whether new signing Luke Chambers might be given the honour, Jewell today said he expects Edwards to continue.
Jewell said: “I don’t see any reason to change who wears the armband. Carlos did brilliantly for us last year as skipper and the role seemed to add to his game.
“You don’t have to wear the armband to be a leader and that’s what we want Luke to be, a leader. Like everyone else, we want him to lead by example on the pitch.
“It’s not really about who has the armband. It’s about what you do out on the pitch and in and around the club during the week. That’s what makes a leader.”
You may also want to watch:
Edwards was named captain in February and went on to be named players’ player of the year.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash