CHAMPIONSHIP TRANSFER WINDOW: Review of the movers and shakers
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
It’s been a frantic couple of months for the Championship’s 24 clubs in the transfer window.
For Ipswich Town, while most of their incomings were relatively low-key, they were involved in some late transfer drama, rebuffing bids from Leicester City and Crystal Palace respectively for David McGoldrick and Tyrone Mings, while Frank Nouble was sent to Coventry on loan.
Certain other clubs have been far busier with Rotherham United, for example, bringing in 17 players on loan or permanently, including Ipswich Town duo Anthony Wordsworth and Paul Taylor on temporary deals.
Then there’s Fulham and their eye-watering £11m swoop for Leeds United striker Ross McCormack. That set the bar for the summer with Nottingham Forest also spending big on the likes of Britt Assombalonga and Michail Antonio and Middlesbrough bringing in Murcia frontman Kike for £2.4m.
At the other end of the scale, Blackpool had just eight professionals on their books during one stage of pre-season while the movement of players in and out at Leeds has been staggering under new owner Massimo Cellino.
Now the window has slammed shut, Archant sports reporter Chris Brammer takes a look at the movers and shakers in the second tier - see our link to the right for more.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off