Chance to provide Town goal celebration music
THE day the music died!
Blues fans are hedging towards doing away with help from the Portman Road public address system when they celebrate goals.
The sounds of Tom Hark by the Piranhas and the Fratellis’ Chelsea Dagger have been played in recent seasons to herald what seems like an diminishing number of home goals, and now the search is on for a local artist/band to create a piece of music that will get fans rocking.
But Barry Calver, who is involved in the search as a committee man on the official Town Supporters Club, is not sure the search will prove successful.
“The general feel from the response we have received so far is that supporters don’t want music played at all.”
With the music industry having increased rules governing copyright laws involving fees and royalties Ipswich Town like a number of other clubs are now looking to provide their own ‘celebration’ music.
A call has gone out to all budding or established artists or bands to get in touch with a cut-off date of January 31 next year with music no longer than 45 seconds.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 7 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 8 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 9 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
Depending on the number of ‘entries’ they will be played at half-time at home games to gather the opinion of fans.
Ipswich Town will then ask supporters to vote on their favourite via the match day programme or via various websites.
Entries should be sent on a CD to Barry Calver, Goal Celebration Music c/o Ipswich Town FC, Portman Road, Ipswich IP1 2DA.