Cheick Kourouma injury not as bad as first feared
CHEICK Kourouma’s dream of landing a permanent move at Portman Road remain alive after Paul Jewell revealed the midfielder would only be out of action for three weeks.
The trialist was seen walking away from the Town training ground on crutches on Monday – prompting fears he might be out of action for a long time, putting his proposed move to Suffolk in jeopardy.
But Blues boss Paul Jewell last night had better news over the teenager’s injury, sustained in training, though the club are still not at a stage where they can offer him a permanent deal.
Jewell said: “It’s not as bad as we thought, he’s just nicked his medial ligaments. We’re hoping it will just be about three weeks.”
Earlier this week, Jewell revealed Kourouma had been training with Town for free as he bids to win a contract with Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
But any deal has been held up by complications arising from his former clubs – Sochaux (France), Real Zaragoza (Spain) and Genoa (Italy).
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival