Chirewa scores as Town U23s draw at Barnsley
- Credit: Ross Halls
Tawanda Chirewa scored a second half equaliser as Ipswich Town's U23s drew 1-1 at Barnsley this afternoon.
Following a goalless first half, substitute Fabio Jalo headed the Tykes in front after 71 minutes.
Blues sub Matt Ward soon went close to equalising, when rifling a low shot just wide, before Chirewa levelled things up in the 78th minute.
In a search for a winner, Zanda Siziba saw a powerful effort deflected wide and Albie Armin saw a header blocked late on.
Kieron Dyer's men remain five points off the top-two with a record of W3 D1 L2.
Town XI: Bort, Agbaje, Clements, Alexander, Armin, Baggott, Curtis, Humphreys, Morris, Chirewa, Siziba. Subs: Healy, Yengi, Ward.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 Rail services affected after person hit by train