Chopra never doubted his ability as Wabara praises new team mates
MICHAEL Chopra tonight fired a warning to Championship defenders after his two-goal blast saw off Brighton at Portman Road.
The Ipswich Town striker scored his first goals in eight games as the Blues made it four matches unbeaten going into the international break.
And the relieved Chopra believes the two-week gap will not stopping him continuing on the goal trail – starting with a trip to his old club Cardiff City in a fortnight.
Chopra said: “I’ve got a lot of belief in my abilities and I’m confident that if I’m presented with the chances then I will score my fair share.
“I feel good and I think if I keep playing the way I am doing then I will add to my strikes and reach the targets that I set myself.”
You may also want to watch:
After missing some golden chances against Coventry City and then seeing some freak goalkeeping deny him at Middlesbrough and West Ham, Chopra admitted he could have scored almost double his four goals this season.
He added: “I’ve got four, but I think I should be on about seven if not for some great saves by the keepers in recent weeks.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
“But if I keep getting in the right positions then I’m sure the chances will come and then it’s up to me to put them away.”
Reece Wabara, who signed on loan from Manchester City on Friday, made his debut as an 89th minute sub for Chopra.
After the game, Wabara tweeted: “Great result for the lads, delighted with my debut.. Good team spirit by the boys to turn around a 1-0 lead.”