Christoph Berra describes Ipswich Town as a sleeping giant
- Credit: Archant
Latest Ipswich Town signing Christoph Berra has described the Blues as a ‘sleeping giant’.
The Scotland international has penned a two-year deal at Portman Road following his release from Wolves and the former Hearts defender hopes to feature in Tuesday night’s game at Colchester United.
“The gaffer signed me for Wolves and I played under him regularly so that was a factor in me coming here,” the 28-year-old defender told the Club website.
“I had some good times with him at Wolves. The last season we worked together was obviously disappointing but in the main I learnt a lot from him.
“I had a few clubs interested, a couple abroad and could have signed for a club three or four weeks ago but I decided not to and to be patient and wait for the right opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted a club with a proud history, a club with a good set-up. Ipswich have got that. It’s being called a sleeping giant by some and I can see that.
“The team did very well under the gaffer last season and we’ve got to kick on from there. Although I’ve only been here a day or two you can see everyone is pushing in the same direction.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown