Collins could be in Town squad for Blackpool
PAUL Jewell is facing a race against time to sign Stoke City defender Danny Collins before tomorrow’s trip to Blackpool.
We understand the Ipswich Town boss is doing all he can to get the 31-year-old Wales centre-back on a loan deal before facing the Seasiders.
This would suggest Collins would go straight into the starting line-up ahead of Damien Delaney.
But with the deadline getting ever closer, it remains to be seen whether Collins becomes the Blues’ 12th signing of the summer before or after tomorrow’s game.
Following the opening of the emergency loan window on Thursday, Championship clubs can bring players on loan for a maximum of 93 days.
You may also want to watch:
Collins, who can also play left-back, was excluded from Stoke’s 25-man Premier League squad for the first half of the season with the Potters boss publicly stating he wants Collins to go out on loan. Nottingham Forest are also said to be monitoring the situation.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets