Cresswell offered new deal by Town
AARON Cresswell’s sparkling performances for Ipswich Town this season is set to earn the young left-back a new contract.
Cresswell only signed for the Blues in the summer but manager Paul Jewell has been significantly impressed to offer him a new deal.
Jewell explained: “He came in at the start of the season from Tranmere and I told him to prove himself and then we would have a look at his deal.
“He’s done great, there’s no doubt about that, but I don’t want him to get comfortable. We want to reward him because he’s done well, he’s a great lad and he loves it here.
“We’re just looking to give him something slightly improved and I think Cressy has earned the right to have a pay-rise.”
You may also want to watch:
* For more on this story see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds