Crystal Palace were considering Williams recall as Ipswich Town striker gets Republic of Ireland call
David McGoldrick and Daryl Murphy could be pitting their wits against Ipswich Town team-mate Christophe Berra on Friday, as Republic of Ireland travel to play Scotland.
Five-goal frontman McGoldrick joins Town’s 10-goal top scorer Daryl Murphy in Martin O’Neill’s squad, for the European Championship qualifier against the Tartan Army, for whom Blues’ defender Christophe Berra represents.
The game takes place at Celtic Park on Friday, before Ireland face the United States in a friendly in Dublin on November 18.
Conor Sammon, who was named in the provisional squad, is on standby for the two games.
Meanwhile, Jonny Williams has had to withdraw from the Wales squad, for their European Championship qualifier against Belgium, after sustaining a groin injury during Saturday’s 1-0 win over Watford at Portman Road.
Wiiliams could be out for a month with the injury which is a blow for parent side Crystal Palace, who were reportedly ready to recall him, according to the South London Press.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 7 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten