Damien Delaney heads trio of absentees for Ipswich Town cup clash
Ipswich v Bristol Rovers: International call-ups will deprive Paul Jewell of three players for tomorrow night’s Capital One Cup tie at home to Bristol Rovers (7.45pm ko).
Damien Delaney has become the latest player to miss Town’s first competitive match of the 2012/13 season after receiving a late call-up for Republic of Ireland’s friendly in Serbia on Wednesday.
The Ipswich defender will act as cover following a string of injuries to Giovanni Trapattoni’s squad – having narrowly missed the cut for the Euro 2012 championships.
But it will leave Blues boss Paul Jewell with something of a headache, having just two recognised centre-backs in Luke Chambers and Tommy Smith ahead of the visit of the League Two side.
Youngsters Josh Carson and Ronan Murray will also miss the cup clash after being called up by Northern Ireland Under-21s and the Republic of Ireland Under-21s respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Murray faces Turkey in a European Championship qualifier tomorrow night while Carson will hope to add to his caps against Hungary on Wednesday.
All three will hope to come through unscathed and be part of Jewell’s 18-man matchday squad when the Championship kicks off at home to Blackburn on Saturday.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- Keep checking this website throughout the day for all the latest transfer news, team news and the Jimmy Bullard situation.