Danny boy doubt
DANNY Haynes is major doubt for the Blues game at Sheffield United tomorrow.The Ipswich Town forward took a heft blow on an ankle in the 2-2 draw at Norwich and is badly swollen.
By Derek Davis
DANNY Haynes is major doubt for the Blues game at Sheffield United tomorrow.
The Ipswich Town forward took a heft blow on an ankle in the 2-2 draw at Norwich and is badly swollen.
Haynes will be assesses this morning but is unlikely to travel to Yorkshire with the squad.
Manager Jim Magilton is looking to make changes for the match against the Blades, which comes less than 48 hours after the trip to Carrow Road.
Magilton said: “We need fresh legs. It is going to be a big ask for some of them so we need to freshen things up. We also have a big game on Saturday before the break so it is a case of seeing how far we can push them.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
“There is all the travelling and all within 48 hours.”
Tommy Miller has made good progress from an ankle injury and is in contention for a return.
Jon Walters has been carrying a knock on his left knee but is expected to play.