Darts match to follow Town game
IPSWICH Town and Scunthorpe United supporters will be throwing pointed missiles against each other today.But this does not mean that there will be general warfare at Portman Road - far from it.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Town and Scunthorpe United supporters will be throwing pointed missiles against each other today.
But this does not mean that there will be general warfare at Portman Road - far from it.
Both clubs have sides in the London branch football supporters' darts league, and they will be competing for the Humber-Orwell trophy at the Milestone, Woodbridge Road, Ipswich starting at 5.30pm.
Ipswich fan Phil Loy said: “This is a fantastic example of how football fans can get together, celebrate our rivalry and act it out in a sporting contest - and enjoy a few beers along the way.”
And Scunthorpe fan Andrew Skeels said: “The Ipswich darts team captain is a good mate and we play for the same pub team in the Surbiton League. We have played annual friendlies - with this one taking place in Ipswich.”
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 7 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk