David McGoldrick, Teddy Bishop and Tommy Smith all back in training for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
David McGoldrick, Teddy Bishop and Tommy Smith have all returned to training this week, but Myles Kenlock remains sidelined ahead of Ipswich Town’s Championship match at Preston on Saturday.
Forward McGoldrick has missed the last four games with a hamstring problem, while midfielder Bishop has missed the last nine with an ankle injury.
“They both trained really well on Tuesday and Wednesday and will travel to Preston,” said McCarthy. “Didzy (McGoldrick) was excellent yesterday – we’ve missed him.”
Centre-back Tommy Smith, who has been out since early September following back surgery, has also returned to training.
“He’s nowhere near playing yet,” said McCarthy. “I think he’ll play in an Under-23s game on the fourth of February.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, left-back Myles Kenlock remains sidelined with the calf injury he sustained at QPR. “He’ll be another two or three weeks,” said McCarthy.
Luke Hyam (knee), Adam Webster (ankle), Giles Coke (knee) and Jonny Williams (shoulder) remain sidelined.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season