David McGoldrick, Teddy Bishop and Tommy Smith all back in training for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
David McGoldrick, Teddy Bishop and Tommy Smith have all returned to training this week, but Myles Kenlock remains sidelined ahead of Ipswich Town’s Championship match at Preston on Saturday.
Forward McGoldrick has missed the last four games with a hamstring problem, while midfielder Bishop has missed the last nine with an ankle injury.
“They both trained really well on Tuesday and Wednesday and will travel to Preston,” said McCarthy. “Didzy (McGoldrick) was excellent yesterday – we’ve missed him.”
Centre-back Tommy Smith, who has been out since early September following back surgery, has also returned to training.
“He’s nowhere near playing yet,” said McCarthy. “I think he’ll play in an Under-23s game on the fourth of February.”
Meanwhile, left-back Myles Kenlock remains sidelined with the calf injury he sustained at QPR. “He’ll be another two or three weeks,” said McCarthy.
Luke Hyam (knee), Adam Webster (ankle), Giles Coke (knee) and Jonny Williams (shoulder) remain sidelined.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 9 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport