Derby County boss Gary Rowett tight-lipped on move for ex-Ipswich Town loan star Tom Lawrence
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Derby County boss Gary Rowett has remained tight-lipped when quizzed about a potential move for ex-Ipswich Town loan star Tom Lawrence.
The Rams, who have just told Tom Ince to Huddersfield in a deal worth up to £11m, are reported to have decided that Lawrence, 23, would be the perfect replacement.
The forward scored 11 goals in 36 games for the Blues last season, and was a rare bright spot in a miserable season at Portman Road.
While he’s out of Town’s price range, the Rams are reportedly lining up a £10m move for the young star.
But the Derby Telegraph reported that boss Rowett refused to be drawn on the matter when quizzed.
He said: “He is a good player, but I am sure most of the players you are going to mention to me are good players.
“Whether or not we are interested in those players it wouldn’t be fair for me to comment because they are all at other clubs.
You may also want to watch:
“But we have got some good targets.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period