Legend Drogba's message for Ipswich Town's new owners
- Credit: @BerkeBakay, Twitter
Premier League legend Didier Drogba has sent his congratulations to the new owners of Ipswich Town.
Drogba, who made his name as one of the world's best strikers during his time at Chelsea and while representing the Ivory Coast, tweeted Berke Bakay, one of the men now in charge of the Blues.
Bakay is one of the 'Three Lions' along with Brett Johnson and Mark Detmer, who own 5% of Gamechanger 20 - the club's new owners - and has enjoyed success with US side Phoenix Rising, where Drogba finished his illustrious career.
In his tweet, Drogba said: "Here we go Berke Bakay. Massive move to an historical club Ipswich Town."
Replying, Bakay called Drogba 'the king of Wembley Stadium', and added: "Be my guest at the end of May with some good luck charm for the play-off final?"
In his original tweet about taking over at Town, Bakay said: "Exciting day and a new chapter for the sleeping giant Ipswich Town.
"I can’t wait to contribute to the future success as a co-owner and a board member. I am excited to feel the unbelievable energy #portmanroad and meet the fans!
"Feel lucky to be part of this massive club!"
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow