Legend Drogba's message for Ipswich Town's new owners
- Credit: @BerkeBakay, Twitter
Premier League legend Didier Drogba has sent his congratulations to the new owners of Ipswich Town.
Drogba, who made his name as one of the world's best strikers during his time at Chelsea and while representing the Ivory Coast, tweeted Berke Bakay, one of the men now in charge of the Blues.
Bakay is one of the 'Three Lions' along with Brett Johnson and Mark Detmer, who own 5% of Gamechanger 20 - the club's new owners - and has enjoyed success with US side Phoenix Rising, where Drogba finished his illustrious career.
In his tweet, Drogba said: "Here we go Berke Bakay. Massive move to an historical club Ipswich Town."
Replying, Bakay called Drogba 'the king of Wembley Stadium', and added: "Be my guest at the end of May with some good luck charm for the play-off final?"
In his original tweet about taking over at Town, Bakay said: "Exciting day and a new chapter for the sleeping giant Ipswich Town.
"I can’t wait to contribute to the future success as a co-owner and a board member. I am excited to feel the unbelievable energy #portmanroad and meet the fans!
"Feel lucky to be part of this massive club!"
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game