DJ Campbell doesn’t want another loan move
QPR striker DJ Campbell would be unwilling to extend his loan at Ipswich Town beyond January – but would be open to a permanent move to Portman Road.
The 31-year-old – who has scored four goals in eight games since joining Town on a three-month loan in October – said: “I wouldn’t extend the loan, but I would look at a permanent move.
“It’s definitely something I would look at in January. We’ll see what happens. I haven’t quite made my mind up over what I want to do yet.”
Campbell – who had the option to re-join former club Blackpool on loan – said: “I’ve always stuck by my choice to come here. The players I spoke to who used to play here gave a good account of the club.
“My decision to come here was spot on. We’ll look at things in January and see what happens regarding Ipswich and QPR.”
Campbell added: “I’ve loved my time here. The fans have been good to me. We’ve got a great bunch of players and a great gaffer in Mick McCarthy.
“Him and Terry Connor (assistant manager) have been great since they’ve come.”
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 MP 'looking into' frustrating and disruptive A12 roadworks
– See tomorrow’s EADT for full interview.