DJ Campbell doesn’t want another loan move
QPR striker DJ Campbell would be unwilling to extend his loan at Ipswich Town beyond January – but would be open to a permanent move to Portman Road.
The 31-year-old – who has scored four goals in eight games since joining Town on a three-month loan in October – said: “I wouldn’t extend the loan, but I would look at a permanent move.
“It’s definitely something I would look at in January. We’ll see what happens. I haven’t quite made my mind up over what I want to do yet.”
Campbell – who had the option to re-join former club Blackpool on loan – said: “I’ve always stuck by my choice to come here. The players I spoke to who used to play here gave a good account of the club.
“My decision to come here was spot on. We’ll look at things in January and see what happens regarding Ipswich and QPR.”
You may also want to watch:
Campbell added: “I’ve loved my time here. The fans have been good to me. We’ve got a great bunch of players and a great gaffer in Mick McCarthy.
“Him and Terry Connor (assistant manager) have been great since they’ve come.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
– See tomorrow’s EADT for full interview.