Donacien impresses as Town trio make successful starts to loan spells
- Credit: FTFC
A trio of Ipswich Town players made successful starts to loan spells away from the club yesterday.
Janoi Donacien joined Fleetwood Town on Friday and, just 24 hours later, started at right-back as the Cod Army drew 0-0 at Wigan Athletic.
The 27-year-old earned plenty of plaudits on his debut and was the highest-rated player on the pitch according to highly-regarded football statistics website whoscored.com, as he won balls in the air and on the ground.
Adam Przybek was solid between the sticks as the goalkeeper’s new club Chesterfield beat Wrexham 2-1, with the Welshman commanding his box, distributing well and punching clear while not having any big saves to make.
Lastly, Corrie Ndaba made a long-awaited debut at left-back for Ayr United as the Honest Men drew 0-0 with Dunfermline in the Scottish second-tier.
“It was intense but I enjoyed it,” he said after the game. “We had a clean sheet and a good point away from home so that’s something to build on.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim