Dos Santos set for Ipswich return
IPSWICH TOWN: Giovanni Dos Santos is set to return to Portman Road.
The 20-year-old Mexican international is pencilled in to play for Tottenham Hotspur in the pre-season friendly against the Blues on Tuesday August 3.
Dos Santos made a big impression while on loan to Ipswich at the end of the 2008/09 season when he made six starts and scored four goals.
Spurs are playing a game in Portugal on the same night, but reserve team coach Tim Sherwood is expected to bring a strong side to Suffolk that is likely to include a number of players who featured in the World Cup finals in South Africa.
The Londoners had 10 in total involved in the finals with Dos Santos one of them, and it is a distinct possibility that he could feature against the Blues.
Town manager Roy Keane is looking ahead to a worthwhile run-in to the new season with a meaningful sequence of matches between now and the big kick-off against Middlesbrough on August 7.
“There may have been a question mark about the side Spurs would field against us, but it is going to be a strong one,” said Keane.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
“They will be very competitive and along with Saturday’s home match against West Ham will be very important as we work towards the new season.
“We have matches against Leiston and Bury Town tomorrow and Wednesday and will be fielding two different sides. They will both be strong and give the players a chance to get minutes under their belts.
“When the season starts for proper we have a busy few days and need to be ready with a long journey north to Middlesbrough and then west to Exeter.
“Hopefully we’ll have some new faces in the side by the West Ham game.”
Town players had the weekend off after playing a 20/20 cricket match against Ipswich and East Suffolk on Friday night with Keane revealing that he has had an offer accepted for one player and received enquires for three of his current squad.