Drury remains in Jewell’s thoughts
HE might have made just five starts since his surprise move from non-league Luton Town.
But Andy Drury, Paul Jewell’s first signing as Town manager, could still have a future at Ipswich.
Drury has spent the last two months at League Two Crawley Town, scoring twice in 10 starts, but Jewell has refused to rule out a surprise move back into the Blues’ first team.
He said: “He has been an bit unfortunate since he has been here in fairness. He has come in and played well, but then been left out. He has probably not had the long run in the team.”
Jewell allowed Drury to play in the FA Cup as part of his three-month loan spell at the League Two high-flyers, but the manager explained: “I have always been a massive believer that you are better playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday then being in the Championship and playing once in a blue moon. And Andy is enjoying his football.”
You may also want to watch:
While Jaime Peters was not allowed to be cup-tied, Jewell said he wouldn’t be adverse to the full-back continuing his month-by-month loan spell at Bournemouth.
The manager said: “We have got Jack (Ainsley) and Reece (Wabara) here and Jack is progressing well. He (Peters) is a decent footballer but he has not played many games over the last couple of years so he needs to go out and play. I think he would be the first to admit that.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide