Duffy would welcome Ipswich switch
TEENAGE Everton centre-back Shane Duffy has said he would welcome a loan move to Ipswich Town.
The 19-year-old Northern Irishman was on loan at Burnley last season and played in the club’s 2-1 defeat to Ipswich at Turf Moor in April.
Yesterday, writing on an account believed to genuinely be his on social networking site Twitter, the 6ft 3in defender said: “Hopefully a loan move will be sorted out soon for some first team experience!”
And after an Ipswich fan asked him if the Blues had shown an interest, he responded: “havent heard anything yet mate. Wud be a great move if it happened”
Town boss Paul Jewell is keen to strengthen his central-defensive ranks ahead of Saturday’s Championship opener at Bristol City. He currently has just three senior players in that position in Damien Delaney, Tommy Smith and Ivar Ingimarsson.
You may also want to watch:
Of those three only the latter is right-footed, so Duffy – who operates on that side of defence – would help add some balance to the side.
Meanwhile, Ipswich have been linked with a move for Slovenian U21 international right-sided defender Alja� Struna. The right-sided centre-back, who can also play at right-back, currently plays for Slovenian side FC Koper where he plays alongside ex-Town defender Amir Karic.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back