Eastman scores hat-trick
TOM Eastman was a hat-trick hero as an Ipswich Town XI recorded a 4-1 win at Gt Yarmouth in a pre-season friendly on Saturday afternoon.
Teenage defender Eastman, who made his senior debut at the end of last season, netted twice from close range in the first half of the game.
Midfielder Alan Quinn, one of threee senior Town players in action at the Wellesley Recreation Ground – the others were winger Carlos Edwards and striker Kevin Lisbie – netted Town’s third from a free-kick.
But it was apt that Eastman should take the penalty, awarded for a foul on substitute Ronan Murray, that sealed his hat-trick.
Eastman, 18, made his first team debut on the final day of last season, in the 3-0 home defeat by Sheffield United.
His big day was marred by a red card, just before the hour mark, for two bookable offences.
Stewart Roach pulled a goal back for the Norfolk hosts late on.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
But it was Eastman and Ipswich who were the victors.
IPSWICH: McLoughlin, Jones, Dunbar, Cawley (sub Griffiths, 57), McKeown, Eastman, Edwards, Quinn, Lisbie (sub Murray, 46), Clark (sub Burns, 46), Lambe.