Edwards focusing on football
CARLOS Edwards has insisted he is only focusing on his football after being charged by police 24 hours before the Blues’ 1-0 win over West Ham.
The Town right back was charged on Monday with driving while disqualified and driving without insurance after he was allegedly caught behind the wheel of his BMW in Kesgrave.
But in a statement issued to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation prior to the match at Upton Park, Edwards looked to defend his actions – with his wife expecting twins but currently in hospital following complications.
He said: “I just want to make it clear that I was not in jail, I am not in jail and I’m getting ready for the game tonight with West Ham.
“My wife is in the hospital at the moment and that’s the reason as she usually has been the one driving me before this.
You may also want to watch:
“Our fingers are crossed that all will be well with her. I will just continue to focus on my football at the moment. I’m in the team for this evening’s game and I’m looking forward to it.”
- For more on this story, see tomorrow’s Evening Star and EADT
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police